Computing Support Technician
o you want to offer Software and IT Support and help clients in the education sector? Looking for a IT Support role that gives you a broad range of experiences in customer service and MS technology support? Do you want to have the support of a highly experienced team behind you, who can guide you and help you develop your skills in IT Support?
The IT Support (Field based) Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a IT Support person, in the area of 1st or 2nd line support (or from a field based support position) to develop a well-rounded skill set that includes Cloud technology, Software and Application Support skills. The IT Support Analyst will be working with a range of customers, mostly within schools. As the IT Support Technician, you will get to support some cutting-edge software solutions utilising your IT skills to support Schools around the M4 corridor in Berkshire – but also have the support of more senior IT Support people and Cloud Engineers to assist you. The company is a specialist in providing IT Support to schools using Windows and Cloud solutions.
Please note that this is a Field based role where driving is required, only applicants with a valid driver’s licence can be put forward (and have access to a vehicle). The IT Support Engineer will be subject to certain checks as the role will be based on customer sites, some of which are schools.
Why this Computing Support Technician role is for you?
- Brilliant business making positive contributions to society
- Good salary up to £30000
- Excellent training culture where you will always be learning more and discovering new skills.
- Bright team members - they tend to recruit high calibre people
- Friendly customer based in laid back environments
- Great opportunity to learn new skills and play with new technologies
So, what do they want from their applicants? (Don’t worry if you don’t have it all!)
- Good communication skills and the ability to talk about all levels of technical abilities, clients, and team members – this is literally the most important part of the role. Not just good verbal and written communication, but the idea that you
- understand and have empathy for people’s problems
- Windows IT support skills – anything like Exchange, Active Directory, Office365, Microsoft365
- Ideally 2 years in a previous IT support role, but happy to consider CS or similar graduates or people with technical aptitude and a solid customer service focus.
- Previous experience working within Schools or the education area
- Windows Server ideally – even better if you have O365 experience
- Computers and peripherals (hardware and Software)
- Basic systems networking
So, if you are looking for that next step in your career and want to work somewhere where they look after the staff in the long-term, whilst encouraging them to get better and gain experience, this is the place for you. Apply now!
Keywords: IT Support Engineer, 1st Line, Helpdesk, Field Engineer, Support Analyst, 2nd Line, Infrastructure, Computing Graduate, Customer Support Technician, Active Directory, Systems Engineer, Service Desk, Helpdesk, IT Support
Humand Talent Solutions and their clients and associates do not discriminate on any of the following and any terminology that suggests that should be made aware to our business ASAP.
- religion or belief
- pregnancy and maternity
- marriage and civil partnership
- sexual orientation
- gender reassignment