Software Engineer – NodeJS, 100% Remote, £70k + 30% bonus
Are you remote ready… because this business is? They are 100% remote, with the odd/annual social event with the team.
Want to work for a 2x “Time best” winner?
Our client, a regular on things like “Times best place to work” and “Sunday Times fast track” is a real “Boss Level” employer. They have tried to create a perfect environment to attract, recruit and hire the best developers around… people like you. Recent success has meant that they are growing the team (again) and looking for the top 5-10% of developers available. The new Developer will work on their flagship products and services that have had a huge uptake in their usage, specifically in the U.S.
The UK Software Engineering team is one of those teams that is not just solid technically, but understand Software Engineering, problem solving and how to innovate. They are essentially all operating at Senior/Lead Developer level, having most of their more junior development tasks completed by nearshore/outsourced Development teams in Europe. This means that any Developer joining the UK team will only work on the best projects and tasks – building robust, scalable, high availability, software and being a thought leader on the product development aspects. The Software Engineer will own their own domain and work closely with the product team, also based in the UK and be a big knowledge sharer of research they do. It is a reasonably small team of 5-7 Developers depending on when you get hired (as there is a few different Software Engineering roles in the business).
The Technology you get to play with
- Latest JS Frameworks and Libraries, mostly Node
- Loads of databases – MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis etc
- Virtualisation/DevOps tools like Docker, Docker-compose, Azure, Jenkins, Kubernetes
- Microservice Architecture
- Software Architecture – patterns, principles, methodologies etc
- MQTT or similar
- Maybe a bit of embedded systems
- Some Hardware integration testing
What is in it for you?
- £70k ish (let me know if you want more) basic salary
- Bloody brilliant bonus scheme of c.30%
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Solid pension
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Care
- Family friendly benefits like Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave
- Loads of training and development opportunities – you ask, we (try to) provide
Recruitment Process for the Software Engineer position:
- Apply/call us/email is
- Let’s chat about the role and decide if it is a good match
- Check out the job spec and company details
- Decide if you like it
- Speak with the Head of Development
- Meet some of the other team and show your tech skills
- Get hired
- Pick your equipment
- Start working on an awesome project with brilliant people.