Education Mentor - Didcot
Responsible to: The post holder will be responsible to individual Case Leads
Duties and Responsibilities:
Understanding of Needs:
● Developing strong professional relationships with children and young people who have complex needs and have often experienced significant difficulties in previous education settings
● Following the guidance in each person’s individual plan/risk assessment, support them to manage their anxiety and behaviour in a positive way and to keep them and others safe
● Utilise a range of strategies in supporting the range of additional needs we work with Planning and Delivery:
● Supporting children and young people to follow learning activities set by Case Leads/Teachers
● Planning and preparing creative and interest based activities, following guidance provided by Case Leads/Teachers ● Supporting children and young people on community outings and work experience
● Working with other professionals involved with the student (SALT, OT) to deliver activities to meet children and young people’s communication, social, sensory, physical, emotional and behavioural needs Assessment and Paperwork:
● Documenting children and young people’s progress using photographs/videos and written reports
● Completing the relevant sections of our tracking and monitoring system, LearnTrek Communication
● Communicating frequently and effectively with colleagues and families about the needs of the children and young people and regularly reviewing your strategies and practice as these needs change
● Attending half termly progress meetings with Case Leads to discuss next steps The duties and responsibilities are difficult to define in detail and may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or level of responsibilities entailed.
The post-holder is therefore expected to undertake such other duties as may be requested provided the general character of the duties or level of responsibility does not change. Such variations cannot in themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post. 4 Due to the nature of this position, any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure and Barring Service at an enhanced level as well as receipt of, at least, two recent satisfactory professional references.