The Product Manager plays a leading role in delivering excellence in partnership with the UK Public Sector and world-class not-for-profit organisations Torchbox works with.You will collaborate with clients to define a clear strategic vision and roadmap for their products - a vision which you will own, champion, and evolve throughout the product life cycle and beyond. By applying our culture, processes and technologies you will direct our multidisciplinary teams to create exceptional solutions.
Total remuneration package: £60,525 - £92,150 per annum, pro rata.**
All salaries listed on our roles are based on UK salary bands, however if you’d like more information on the bands for your country give us a shout.
We’re Torchbox, a progressive digital agency on a mission to help charities create transformative, high-quality digital products and services in low-risk, cost-effective ways. We’re proud to be the creators of Wagtail, one of the leading open source CMSs, now used by Google, NASA, the NHS and thousands of other organisations around the world.
This is a great time to join Torchbox. We’re proud to be an employee owned digital agency, business is booming in the UK and US, Wagtail is flying high and we’re doing great work with many, incredible, mission-driven organisations.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our team!
The Product Manager plays a leading role in delivering excellence in partnership with the UK Public Sector and world-class not-for-profit organisations. You will collaborate with clients to define a clear strategic vision and roadmap for their products, a vision which you will own, champion, and evolve throughout the product life cycle and beyond. By applying our culture, processes and technologies you will direct our multidisciplinary teams to create exceptional solutions which you’re proud of and that exceed expectations.
As a senior member of the Torchbox team you will be responsible for the strategic direction of your clients as well as managing and inspiring both internal and client teams.
- Client experience: Making sure our clients have a great experience working with us and we provide a level of service that reflects our values and ethos. You will foster a culture of open working and create continuous feedback loops with your clients.
- Product discovery: Identifying the right thing to build that’s: valuable, viable, usable, feasible. Facilitate key planning, ideation and research activities to understand organisational objectives and balance these against customer needs
- Leading agile project teams: To inspire and align team members to efficiently deliver high-quality, high-impact products, providing oversight of multiple delivery teams and programmes of product development. You are accountable for timelines and budget and mitigating risk in collaboration with our Delivery Managers
- Helping Torchbox grow: Contribute to winning new work through thought leadership, defining new solutions and articulating your vision
- Track record of leadership in the definition, design, delivery and ongoing enhancement of impactful, high-quality products, ideally in-line with the GOV.UK Service Standard or within the not-for-profit sector
- Experience defining product strategy, vision, roadmaps and budgets, and overseeing delivery against these to maximise customer and client value
- Building strategic client relationships, influencing stakeholders, directing a portfolio of clients and their associated products, and capitalising on opportunities to expand on work together
- Leading and motivating multi-disciplinary delivery teams by championing your vision and fostering a culture of continuous feedback
- A confident and engaging presenter, with proven capabilities of generating ideas and proposals and leading pitches for new business
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to be a co-owner of Torchbox, shaping and sharing in our success. Be a partner, not just an employee. Our Voice Groups provide the chance to share your vision within Torchbox.
- The chance to work with our brilliant clients, making the world a better place
- Competitive salary with annual review with annual employee owners and performance bonus
- Training and conference budget to accelerate your development.
- Flexible working hours; the option to work fully remotely, split your time between office and home, or choose to be in one of our offices full time, enabling you to work in a flexible way that best suits your needs.
- Free eye tests, flu jabs & shopping discounts
- Private health scheme and access to mental health support
- Ethical pension scheme, with a 5% contribution from Torchbox
- Electric car salary sacrifice scheme (UK only)
- Wellness programme and cycle to work scheme, alongside other Torchbox offerings, good for both you and the environment.
- Regular virtual and in-person events, weekly veggie team lunch (when we’re in the office) & parties including our famous Torchfest
- 27 days holiday, plus public holidays
**This is made up of a base salary £49,500 - £77,000 and a bonus of £11,025 - £15,150. The bonus comprises a (tax free!) £3.6k EOT bonus and a company performance bonus. The bonus is paid in two tranches. The company bonus can be higher or lower based on company performance.
If you need any help completing the application form then please email [email protected] or if you would prefer to apply by phone then give us a call on +44 (0) 1608 811 870
No agencies please.