The Product Manager plays a leading role in delivering excellence in partnership with the UK Public Sector and world-class not-for-profit organisations Torchbox works with.You will collaborate with clients to define a clear strategic vision and roadmap for their products - a vision which you will own, champion, and evolve throughout the product life cycle and beyond. By applying our culture, processes and technologies you will direct our multidisciplinary teams to create exceptional solutions.
We’re Torchbox, a progressive digital agency on a mission to create transformative, high-quality products and services in low-risk, cost-effective ways. We’re proud to be the creators of Wagtail, one of the leading open source CMSs, now used by Google, NASA, the NHS and thousands of other organisations around the world.
This is a great time to join Torchbox. We’ve recently become the UKs first 100% employee owned digital agency, business is booming in the UK and US, Wagtail is flying high and we’re doing great work with many, incredible, mission-driven organisations.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our team!
The Product Manager plays a leading role in delivering excellence in partnership with the UK Public Sector and world-class not-for-profit organisations Torchbox works with.You will collaborate with clients to define a clear strategic vision and roadmap for their products - a vision which you will own, champion, and evolve throughout the product life cycle and beyond. By applying our culture, processes and technologies you will direct our multidisciplinary teams to create exceptional solutions which you’re proud of and exceed expectations.
As a senior member of the Torchbox team you will be responsible for the strategic direction of your clients as well as managing and inspiring both internal and client teams:
- Experience developing products in line with the GOV.UK Service Standard and understanding of governance processes(e.g spend controls, service assessment, programme boards) is desirable.
- Experience developing product strategies and directinga portfolio of clients and theirassociated products.
- Defining and setting the vision and goals for client products in collaboration with the wider team and the client.
- Leading product discovery to define usable, valuable, viable and feasible solutions.
- Being responsible for the quality of the products we create and the results they deliver to our clients and their user base.
- Providing leadership for committed and talented multi-disciplinary teams by bringing energy and enthusiasm to fuel the team and challenge them to do better work.
- Be the first person clients turn to when they need strategic advice or in the unlikely event something goes wrong. Acting as the point of escalation you’ll professionally diagnose situations, people and context to shape a positive outcome.
- Ensure our clients enjoy a great experience with, and level of service from our agency and one that reflects its unique culture and ethos.
- Work closely with the SMT and the Product Services Director to develop innovative ideas for products and services.
- Collaborate with the new business team and make an active contribution to winning business by providing expert insight and advice, scoping solutions, and product roadmaps.
- Spot commercial, innovation or strategic opportunities that develop the agency’s revenue, profile and output.
- Provide thought leadership on product best practices
- As a specialist in product and client management, you will provide oversight of multiple delivery teams and programmes of product development
- Be accountable for budget and timeline, working closely with the Delivery Team to identify risks early and mitigate issues before they impact the project or relationship.
- Be accountable for delivery, working with Delivery Managers to develop and prioritise opportunity and product backlogs.
- Set objectives and key results in partnership with your clients. You’ll own and monitor these to drive continuous improvement and ensure your clients can demonstrate value for money and impact from our work.
- Facilitate key planning and ideation sessions and ensure a clear focus on organisational culture, objectives, and product vision.
- Help clients to develop long term roadmaps for their digital products.
- Work with agency leads to continuously improve our delivery processes, ensuring we follow best practice.
- Assume specific responsibilities of a Product Owner or Product Manager where appropriate.
Skills & Experience
- Track-record of leadership in successful design, delivery and continuous improvement of high-quality products and services which maximise opportunities offered by digital technology.
- A confident negotiator with close attention to commercial details and contracts.
- Proven ability to motivate self-organising agile teams, delegate decision making to the most effective level, and empower teams to deliver to the best of their abilities.
- You will have experience maintaining a delivery team’s focus on delivering value, balancing multiple streams of requirements so that they can concentrate on what they do best: creating a great product!
- You'll be good at shaping projects from loose or undefined requirements. You'll head up major product development initiatives, leading early-stage discovery to refine vision, set and benchmark objectives, oversee research programmes, and influence stakeholders.
- An independent strategic thinker able to identify and create opportunities to build long term trusted relationships with clients.
- A confident presenter with the ability to engage with your audience.
- Ability to set realistic budgets, expectations and timescales, and deliver against them.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to client projects, as well as developing these skills in a larger team.
- Be digitally literate and a confident communicator across a broad spectrum of specialisms; from user experience and content strategy to content management and technical integrations.
What we can offer you:
- The chance to be a partner, not just an employee. As a co-owner of Torchbox you'll help shape, and share, our success.
- The chance to work with our brilliant clients, making the world a better place
- Competitive salary with annual review.
- Training and conference budget to accelerate your development.
- Flexible working hours (and location).
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays).
- Private health cover.
- Ethical pension scheme, with a 5% contribution from Torchbox
- A weekly veggie team lunch that brings everyone together (when we’re in the office!)
- Regular outings and parties including our famous Torchfest!
*The salary range quoted includes our employee owners and performance bonus scheme. This equates to roughly 10% - 25% of your final salary.
We particularly welcome neurodiverse individuals and applicants from ethnically diverse backgrounds that are under-represented groups in the creative and technology industries.
If you need any help completing the application form then please email [email protected] or if you would prefer to apply by phone then give us a call on +44 (0) 1608 811 870
No agencies please.