Senior Python Developer
Take the lead on building web apps, helping to improve Wagtail and working in a multidisciplinary team environment to solve complex problems.
We’re Torchbox, a progressive digital agency on a mission to help charities create transformative, high-quality digital products and services in low-risk, cost-effective ways. We’re proud to be the creators of Wagtail, one of the leading open source CMSs, now used by Google, NASA, the NHS and thousands of other organisations around the world.
This is a great time to join Torchbox. We’ve just become the UKs first 100% employee owned digital agency, business is booming in the UK and US, Wagtail is flying high and we’re doing great work with many, incredible, mission-driven organisations.
We’re looking for a Senior Python Developer to join our team!
You’ll be taking the lead on building web apps for our lovely, interesting clients in the UK, Europe and the US; organisations like the NHS, NASA, Google, Mozilla, Oxfam, the World Food Programme, Médecins Sans Frontières. You'll be helping us improve Wagtail, our open source CMS. We're looking for someone who enjoys working in a multidisciplinary team environment to help solve complex problems.
The basic technical requirements are demonstrable expertise in Python and Django, as well as one or more supporting languages, technologies and frameworks: API development, SPAs, Wagtail, Docker, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL. But your personal skills are just as important.
To be successful in this role, you'll be:
- Confident in communicating with clients to elicit clearly defined requirements and convert these into robust technical architecture.
- Experienced in producing high-quality technical specifications, documentation and accurately estimating the time required for the build.
- Confident in contributing to testing strategies and providing high-quality user training.
- Experienced in producing high-quality code to budget, demonstrating commercial awareness.
- Ready to operate as technical lead on projects.
- Confident in contributing to proposals and pitching successfully.
- We're looking for someone who can help nurture a strong, happy team. In particular, we want you to:
- Support your colleagues (teaching, coaching, line managing, mentoring, reviewing and improving code).
- Remain up to date with developments in your software field and share your knowledge
What we can offer you:
- The chance to be a partner, not just an employee. As a co-owner of Torchbox you'll help shape, and share, our success.
- The chance to work with our brilliant clients, making the world a better place
- Competitive salary with annual review.
- Training and conference budget to accelerate your development.
- Flexible working hours (and location).
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays).
- Private health cover.
- Ethical pension scheme, with a 5% contribution from Torchbox
- A weekly veggie team lunch that brings everyone together (when we’re in the office!)
- Regular outings and parties including our famous Torchfest!
*The salary range quoted includes our employee owners and performance bonus scheme. This equates to roughly 10% - 25% of your final salary.
We particularly welcome neurodiverse individuals and applicants from ethnically diverse backgrounds that are under-represented groups in the creative and technology industries.
If you need any help completing the application form then please email [email protected] or if you would prefer to apply by phone then give us a call on +44 (0) 1608 811 870
No agencies please.