Helping us recruit for permanent and freelance team members across our core teams including UX/Design, development, delivery management, digital marketing and operations.
We’re Torchbox, a progressive digital agency on a mission to help non profits create transformative, high-quality digital products and services in low-risk, cost-effective ways. We’re proud to be the creators of Wagtail, one of the leading open source CMSs, now used by Google, NASA, the NHS and thousands of other organisations around the world.
This is a great time to join Torchbox. We’ve become the UKs first 100% employee owned digital agency, business is booming in the UK and US, Wagtail is flying high and we’re doing great work with many, incredible, mission-driven organisations.
We’re looking for a Talent Manager to join our HR & Operations team to take full ownership of our recruitment process ensuring Torchbox attracts and hires the very best talent from diverse backgrounds.
As our internal recruiter, you’ll be helping us recruit for permanent and freelance team members across our core teams including UX/Design, development, delivery management, digital marketing and operations.
You’ll have experience working in an environment that requires you to manage your own workload, easily context switch and handle competing deadlines.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Finding & hiring fantastic candidates with the skills to compliment our existing team.
- Helping Torchbox deliver on its commitment to improve diversity across our teams.
- Work with the HR team to continue to develop and maintain our employer brand.
- Work with the HR & Finance Co-ordinator to manage our social recruitment content to help us attract the very best candidates.
- Continue to develop our best practices across our recruitment process.
The right person for the role will have the following skills:
- Hands-on resourcing position (either in-house or agency side), including direct sourcing and screening or interviewing candidates.
- Hiring quality candidates across digital marketing, UX/Design and development vacancies.
- Optimising an organisation’s employer brand and social media presence to attract candidates.
- Developing inclusive recruitment processes and removing unconscious bias from the interview process.
- Hiring remote team members from around the world particularly in North America.
- A background in the nonprofit sector.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to be a co-owner of Torchbox, shaping and sharing in our success. Be a partner, not just an employee. Our Voice Groups provide the chance to share your vision within Torchbox.
- The chance to work with our brilliant clients, making the world a better place.
- Competitive salary with annual review and annual employee owners and performance bonus.
- Training and conference budget to accelerate your development.
- Flexible working hours; the option to work fully remotely, split your time between office and home, or choose to be in one of our offices fulltime, enabling you to work in a flexible way that best suits your needs.
- Free eye tests, flu jabs & shopping discounts.
- Private health scheme and access to mental health support.
- Ethical pension scheme, with a 5% contribution from Torchbox.
- Wellness programme and cycle to work scheme, alongside other Torchbox offerings, good for both you and the environment.
- Regular virtual and in-person events, weekly veggie team lunch (when we’re in the office) & parties including our famous Torchfest.
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays.
*The salary range quoted includes our employee owners and performance bonus scheme. This equates to roughly 10% - 25% of your final salary.
We welcome both full time and part time applications. Please state your preferred working pattern on your application.
If you need any help completing the application form then please email [email protected] or if you would prefer to apply by phone then give us a call on +44 (0) 1608 811 870
No agencies please.