By joining our Wagtail product team you’ll learn from the likes of Django Fellows gasman and tomdyson, as well as Wagtail legend kaedroho. You’ll spend your time improving Wagtail and using your expertise to help others
We’re Torchbox, a progressive digital agency on a mission to help charities create transformative, high-quality digital products and services in low-risk, cost-effective ways. We’re proud to be the creators of Wagtail, one of the leading open source CMSs, now used by Google, NASA, the NHS and thousands of other organisations around the world.
This is a great time to join Torchbox. We’ve just become the UKs first 100% employee owned digital agency, business is booming in the UK and US, Wagtail is flying high and we’re doing great work with many, incredible, mission-driven organisations.
We are looking for a Wagtail Developer to join our team to help to improve Wagtail!
Wagtail is an open source CMS that powers some of the biggest and most prestigious websites in the world. We are hiring a developer to accelerate the pace of product development at Wagtail in order to reach the vision for 2023.
By joining our Wagtail product team you’ll learn from the likes of Django Fellows gasman and tomdyson, as well as Wagtail legend kaedroho. You’ll spend your time improving Wagtail and using your expertise to help others. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the development of Wagtail's technical roadmap
- Working with designers and product managers to explore and solve complex problems
- Building new features (e.g. workflow, commenting)
- Working on sprints focused on tech debt and code restructuring
- Helping to review merge requests submitted by the community
- Providing expert consulting to Wagtail Support clients
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly releases
For this role we’re looking for someone with the following skills:
- Excellent Python and Django skills
- Experience writing clear documentation
- Fun to work with, great teamwork and collaboration skills
- Experience prioritising your own workload
- Expertise in git and branch management
- Ability to quickly understand existing codebases
Nice to have:
- Experience developing with React
- Previous contributions to open source projects
- Experience building sites with Wagtail
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to be a co-owner of Torchbox, shaping and sharing in our success. Be a partner, not just an employee. Our Voice Groups provide the chance to share your vision within Torchbox.
- The chance to work with our brilliant clients, making the world a better place.
- Competitive salary with annual review and annual employee owners and performance bonus.
- Training and conference budget to accelerate your development.
- Flexible working hours; the option to work fully remotely, split your time between office and home, or choose to be in one of our offices fulltime, enabling you to work in a flexible way that best suits your needs.
- Free eye tests, flu jabs & shopping discounts.
- Private health scheme and access to mental health support.
- Ethical pension scheme, with a 5% contribution from Torchbox.
- Wellness programme and cycle to work scheme, alongside other Torchbox offerings, good for both you and the environment.
- Regular virtual and in-person events, weekly veggie team lunch (when we’re in the office) & parties including our famous Torchfest.
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays.
*The salary range quoted includes our employee owners and performance bonus scheme. This equates to roughly 10% - 25% of your final salary.
We particularly welcome neurodiverse individuals and applicants from ethnically diverse backgrounds that are under-represented groups in the creative and technology industries.
If you need any help completing the application form then please email [email protected] or if you would prefer to apply by phone then give us a call on +44 (0) 1608 811 870
No agencies please.